List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] name-addr in Route, Record-Route and	Contact, why?
From:       "Singh, Indresh (NSN - US/Boca Raton)" <indresh.singh () nsn ! com>
Date:       2009-03-24 14:21:54

I agree with Dale.

I think the recommendation for nameAddr format is there because one can have both the \
uri-parameters defined, as well as have header specific parameters like \
"rr-parameter" for record-route and route headers defined. In that case in-order to \
separate the uri-parameter and the rr-parameter, one has to use the nameAddr format.

DisplayName part is optional in the nameAddr format. So if a nameAddr format is \
recommended for any header, I think the purpose of that is not to necessarily pass \
the displayName to the reciever and process the display name. It can be to separate \
out the header/field specific parameter with uri-parameter ( both can have \
generic-parameter token )

On the other hand, so far I have not come across any rr-parameter defined for \
record-route/route header. Most of the route header and record-route header contents \
seems to be defined as an uri-parameter ( taking advantage of there generic-param \
portion )

Best Regards,

Indresh K Singh