List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] SIP extensions for multicast support
From:       "Ioanna Skoufa" <iskou () intracom ! gr>
Date:       2009-03-20 10:03:32

Hi all,

I have developed a SIP server (for traditional small VoIP pbxs with specific
custom requirements)

and I am now requested to "support" video conference via VLC.

The request is that the SIP server will have to "tell" the agents -wanting
to join a conference-

which is the multicast IP:port to listen, and which is the unicast IP:port
(of the VLC) to send

their stream.

Moreover, the SIP server will have to somehow "talk" with VLC in order to
exchange information

about the ports etc.

Does anyone have any references for reading/implementing something like
this?

How can the sip server "tell" an agent to listen multicast and send unicast?

Via a response containing that info in the SDP I guess. Is this possible?

Is there any protocol to "talk" with vlc?

Thank you very much

Joanna