List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] PRACK -200 OK / Offer Answer Model
From:       "Serbang, Nabam (Nabam)" <nserbang () avaya ! com>
Date:       2008-12-19 18:36:55

I agree with Paul with addition that If the offer in INVITE has got
answer in 180, SDP in PRACK is optional unless UAC want to change the
media stream.    You can have early dialog even before PRACK transation
is completed.  However, if you have new "m=" lines that is not present
in answer (one came with 180), that means you want to change media
stream. New media streams, after transaction has completed, depends on
reaction of UAS with that new "m=" line. If UAS accepts new "m=" line,
it will present another answer in 200 OK of PRACK else both UAs will be
using earlier negotiated SDP.  PRACK request is for reliability of
provisional responses. As such SDP in PRACK is optional.

Thanks and regards
Nabam Serbang