List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] RTP packets are not reaching the endpoints
From:       chandan kumar <chandan_psr () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2008-12-15 13:22:33

Hi ,

Iam testing IP phone   which supports video & Audio.Iam facing an issue like .Iam \
testing on 2 DSL lines . So End users are on different NAT's. I have registered both \
the users to Public SIP servers( freel available servers for IP calls , using \
SIPgate).Registration happens.I made call ,call connects . But there is only Audio & \
some times no audio & video.
with in India working , But calls from say UK to India are having issues.

issues are:

only Audio: from the ethereal captures i can see only Audio Packets flowing..

Video freezes:From the captures i can see end points are sending packets to router \
WANIP.Iam not sure whether the packets are reaching the endpoint.How can i check this \
issue.  Are the packets blocked by the router.?Iam using D-link & Linksys.
For the above issues what could be the possible reason.

Need clear understanding of STUN in media flow. Does STUN comes in to picture for RTP \
flow. How should be the STUN client & STUN server behavoiur? Is there any relation \
between STUN & RTP?
Please could any one give brief clarification ,thats enough for me.

Cheers
chandan.

      Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to \
http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/