List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] SDP (answer_1)
From:       "Arnab Biswas" <arnabbiswas1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-20 15:59:58

Geeta,

I feel you are missing one thing. Once the initial offer answer has been
missing one thing. Once the initial offer answer has been done (say through
INVITE - 1XX rel) the 2XX response for the INVITE can not carry a new offer.
If an SDP is present there under such situation that should be ignored.

On the other side, ACK can carry an answer only when 200 OK for the offer
carries an offer. That is possible only when there is no initial offer
answer exchange by INV/1XX-rel/PRACK etc.

May be that's what Brett wants to mean.

For more clarity please check the following draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-05.txt

Thanks,
Arnab Biswas