List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] SIP Replaces Header and Early Dialog
From:       Dale.Worley () comcast ! net
Date:       2007-07-19 15:04:20

   From: "Jackson, James" <james_jackson@labs.att.com>

   If the recipient were to accept the INVITE/Replaces, can't it terminate
   the early dialog by responding with 487 Request Cancelled ?

I suppose it could, but how do you dovetail the state of the
INVITE/Replaces dialog (which is established) with the state of the
early dialog it is supposed to replace?

   This is actually supposed to be an attended transfer. I'm trying to
   understand if the following is legal:

   Inbound call1 from Media Gateway to App Server is fully established.
   App Server places outbound call2 via Media Gateway where call2 is
   pending (early dialog)
   App Server sends REFER on call1 with Replaces header referencing call2

I'm sure it isn't.

And what would it mean?  When call2 sends 180 Ringing (because the far
end starts ringing the phone), what happens to it?  What happens when
call2 sends 486 Busy?

Dale