List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Query on UAC Non Invite trasaction retransmission
From:       "A C Sathish-a22713" <sathishac () motorola ! com>
Date:       2007-07-19 13:20:34

Thanks for the clarification.
-Regards,
Sathish

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Sparks [mailto:rjsparks@nostrum.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:19 PM
To: A C Sathish-a22713
Cc: sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] Query on UAC Non Invite trasaction
retransmission

The receipt of the 100 trying resets Timer E to T2 no matter where you
are in the progression of doubling previous values of Timer E.

It might help to read about how this harms non-invite transactions -
there is a normative update to 3261 that makes that 100 trying not legal
until timer E would have been set to T2 anyhow. See RFCs 4320 and 4321.

RjS