List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] query regarding request URI of ACK
From:       "Bob Penfield" <BPenfield () acmepacket ! com>
Date:       2006-07-20 14:25:44

The Request-URI in an ACK for a success response (2xx) is the Contact from
the 2xx response.

The Request-URI in an ACK for an error response (3xx,4xx,5xx,6xx) must be
the same as the INVITE request.

You missed the first paragraph in 17.1.1.3 that talks about ACK for 2xx

   This section specifies the construction of ACK requests sent within
   the client transaction.  A UAC core that generates an ACK for 2xx
   MUST instead follow the rules described in Section 13.

The rest of the section is talking about ACK for error responses.

cheers,
(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect