List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] T38maxBitRate in SDP, bandwidth allocation
From:       "Christian Abbing" <christian.abbing () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-04-28 11:13:11

Hi all,

I have a question concerning T38-bandwidth allocation:

In the T.38 standard I find:
"T38maxBitRate refers to the maximum fax data rate that is supported by an
endpoint. ... When UDP is used for T.38 facsimile transmission,
T38maxBitRate should be specified to aid in bandwidth allocation."

But how can I determine the necessary bandwidth of layer 2?
Which protocol overhead has to be added to determine the exact bandwidth of
layer 2? (UDPTL/UDP/IP/Ethernet ???)
To determine the layer 2 bandwidth the packet sizes (IFP) are necessary! How
can I determine them?

Any help is appreciated!
Chris

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!