List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Question on SIP REGISTER message
From:       Tadkod.Vyanktesh () alcatel ! com
Date:       2006-01-30 12:32:39

Hello Ashish,
you may be correct here .This could be a application issue..There are
few softswitch/MGC(third party for us) which will forward the INVITE
message to endpoint ( in this case IVR application) only if there are
registered .Now the problem is, how to register only the domain/host
part using SIP REGISTER message with these softswitch/MG's so that with
different username part information in INVITE message, it still gets
forwarded to the same endpoint?
I am also thinking in similar lines of (VOIP-H323) based IVR
application. In case of Gatekeeper(GNU GK), the IVR application send the
registration request(RRQ) with alias address/pattern and the host
details.At Gatekeeper level, it is possible to have a mapping of alias
address to list of usenames . This can be configured statically with GNU GK.
During a call , the Gatekeeper will look for the username in the "setup"
message and check if it is configured in the alias address list. If yes,
then it forward the setup request to the registered host (RRQ) against
that alias address.
Is there a way to do similar thing with SIP entities?

Thanks and regards
-venkat