List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors]  Question on SIP REGISTER message
From:       Tadkod.Vyanktesh () alcatel ! com
Date:       2006-01-30 5:50:48

Hi All,
Need your help,for better solution on SIP REGISTER implementation in our
product.
In the  SIP REGISTER message the TO header field contains the
AOR(<username>@domain) whose registration is to be created  and the
contact header field contains the address bindings( one or more).
We have an IVR product (VOIP-SIP) which interprets <username> part of
INVITE message "TO" field as an unique IVR application (stratergy).i.e
one of our IVR component (endpoint) can cater for multiple such
username.E.g 1111, 2222, 3333 .....

Problem Description:
Looking at the SIP REGISTER message, it looks like , we need to send one
REGISTER request per username for address binding .The thing is, the
endpoint for each of the these username it the same component.This
component internal manages to differentiate each username as an
different IVR application to be invoked and played to the caller.
These username are created and dynamically added in our product and
secondly an enterprise or network customer/reseller may have large
number of such username created .This means that we need to send  SIP
REGISTER message for each username created for address bindings.This
will be big task and may be not acceptable solution for our customer. Is
there any way we can REGISTER only the domain or host part  with the
Registrar so that any request having different username but the same
domain or host name are forwarded to that host/domain endpoint?

Regards
-venkat