List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] is there a way to specify that far end sip server should use reliable transpo
From:       Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat () cisco ! com>
Date:       2006-01-24 19:11:03

I believe that you may get retransmissions if any hop is unreliable. And
it is difficult to guarantee that all hops are using reliable transport.
The closest thing I know of to that is to use SIPS URIs. But even then
the path from the proxy supporting the destination address and the UA at
that end need not be reliable - it must only be secure.

So unless you are working in a walled garden where you can control all
the nodes I think you are out of luck.

Why do you want to create a new simplified new UA rather than adopting
an existing (not so simplified) UA?

	Paul