List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    RE: [Sip-implementors] Fw: Via header
From:       "Gaurav Kheterpal" <gaurav.kheterpal () conexant ! com>
Date:       2005-08-26 13:35:14

Hi,

Q: Can Req URI & To header have different Req URI format,(sip: / tel:)

> > It is syntactically legal to have different URI schemes in Request
URI and To URI. However, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve
with that. Anyway, the syntax of TEL URI in your INVITE is quiet weird
and completely in violation of the RFC. As per RFC 3966, a TEL URI is
represented in format:

telephone-uri        = "tel:" telephone-subscriber
telephone-subscriber = global-number / local-number
global-number        = global-number-digits *par
local-number         = local-number-digits *par context *par
par                  = parameter / extension / isdn-subaddress
context              = ";phone-context=" descriptor
descriptor           = domainname / global-number-digits

The convention user@host:port is not valid for TEL URI. If you need to
specify the domain, you need to put it as:

tel:+2432291234;phone-context=".....com"

Normally, the Request URI and TO URI can be in <tel:> format. It is
generally the FROM field which is not associated with a TEL URI due to
issues like lack of authentication for TEL URI scheme on the outbound
proxy server.

Q.If  Req URI supports Tel: Scheme & From  header are in SIP: URI scheme
like above dump,what is expected behaviour

> > With your INVITE, you will be getting a 400 Bad Request in the
parsing of Request URI itself irrespective of the URI scheme of TO and
FROM headers.

I hope this helps.

my 2 cents,

Gaurav