List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Contact in 180
From:       "Jeroen van Bemmel" <jbemmel () zonnet ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-30 17:03:47

In general, wouldn't it be accurate to state that it is RECOMMENDED to add a
Contact header in any provisional response sent?
It improves overall efficiency since proxies that did not record-route drop
out of the path.

In particular in the context of RFC3262 (reliable responses) this can make a
difference, since it is likely that one or more PRACKs will follow such a
response

Jeroen