List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    RE: [Sip-implementors] Sip URI and case sensitivity
From:       "Dale Worley" <dworley () pingtel ! com>
Date:       2005-06-29 15:06:12

> From: Christian Jansson [mailto:christian.jansson@hotsip.com]
>
> "people get used to it." - I guess you meant _Unix_users_ get used to
> it. I think the real users out there will be confused when
> Bob@domain.com does not exists, that is, they should have called
> bob@domain.com instead. Or even worse, bob@domain.com and
> Bob@domain.com both exists, but they are not the same person.

What I mean is that people can be trained to any version of casing.

But there seems to be a presupposition in the SIP discussions that humans
rarely enter SIP URIs directly.  It does seem to be the case in
consumer-oriented e-mail packages that people almost always select addresses
out of some sort of "address book".

Dale