List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] RE: Sip-implementors Digest, Vol 23, Issue 53
From:       "Deepak Rathore" <drathore () Centillium ! com>
Date:       2005-02-25 4:56:23

I want to understand how ports are negotiated in SIP. My understanding
on this issue is that both parties; calling and called publish its ports
via SDP, is there any scenario where any party wants to control remote
port?  I don't feel that any endpoint should be able to control external
resources but I am not sure about this.

To be more specific I want to consider call initiated by SIP gateway to
soft-phone and/or IP phone.

Is there any such scenario? Can anyone provide me some pointers to call
flow along with message logs?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Deepak