List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    RE: [Sip-implementors] How can refresher turn-off session-timersextension
From:       "Brett Tate" <brett () broadsoft ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 12:52:34

> I think you just send a reinvite (or update)
> without a Session-Expires.  This probably
> can't technically be considered a refresh
> request, since it isn't refreshing the timer.
> But you might was well consider it an
> "unrefresh" request. Either side should be
> able to do this at any time.

Sending a re-INVITE or UPDATE without a session-expires does not deactivate
the session timer.  It only indicates that the uac prefers not to keep it
active.  Proxies and/or the uas can still add the session-expires to keep
the functionality active.

There is currently no way the uac can turn-off the session timer
functionality when timer support is indicated by uac/uas and the proxy/uas
keeps it active.  However bumping the min-se and session-expires to a really
high value can basically produce a similar result.