List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] SIP message-header order requirement for CSEQ
From:       "leon.teng"<leon.teng () utstar ! com>
Date:       2004-10-28 3:53:58

Dear sip-implementors:

	According to charpter 25 in rfc3261, there is no order requirement for \
message-header. Commonly, Via header will be the first header.   I suggest the CSEQ \
header should be the first message-header. There are two reasons:  1. Distribution \
consideration:   For a distribution system, a delivering engine will distribute the \
SIP messages based on the CSEQ value. If CSEQ is the first header, it will improve \
the efficiency.  2. Validity check consideration:
	The CSEQ header can help find some invalid reponses. We no need to decode the whole \
message.
	Can this rule be accepted as implementation guide ?

Regard
 		leon.teng
UTStarcom Shenzhen office
Tel: (86) 755-26952899-3539