List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Register expiration/interval question.
From:       Sri <sri () siliconrock ! com>
Date:       2004-10-22 3:24:52

I think its optional. The proxy is not mandated to reject the
request, it MAY reject the request.

         The registrar MAY choose an expiration less than the requested
         expiration interval.  If and only if the requested expiration
         interval is greater than zero AND smaller than one hour AND
         less than a registrar-configured minimum, the registrar MAY
         reject the registration with a response of 423 (Interval Too
         Brief).  This response MUST contain a Min-Expires header field
         that states the minimum expiration interval the registrar is
         willing to honor.  It then skips the remaining steps.