List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] stateless stateagent
From:       "Vitali Fomine" <vf_info () mail ! ru>
Date:       2004-03-23 17:28:49

Hi,

I am developing stateagent module for sip server. I try to select most
simple ( most compatible and fast to implement ) concept for stateagent.
I have version that I call stateless:
1. it is just forward subscribe when ToUri is registered;
2. reply itself when it is not registered and store the subscription;
3. terminate subscription by notify 0 when ToUri register ( receve subscribe
and forward it )
It is good and simple schema.
But it has some weakness:
1. notify requests are not going throw server
2. if UA go down and it does not send register expires 0, then my stateagent
continue to forward subscribe request to nowhere. What UA will do in this
situation ?!

Could anyone describe most simple idea for stateagent without this weakness
?
OR
I need to implement statefull stateagent ( reply to all subscribe itself and
generate new subscribe itself on the other side... parse all notify and
generate it... ugh ) ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Vitali Fomine