List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] Question about draft-yu-tel-url-08.txt
From:       Deepak.Pant () utstar ! com
Date:       2004-03-18 23:55:39

I have the following questions about conveying carrier
identitification code in SIP.

On the ISUP side we get three information
1. Type of network identification
2. Network identification plan(3 digits or 4 digits)
3. Digits 1-3 or 1-4

Q1. The draft draft-yu-tel-url-08.txt provides a mechanism to convey the
digit
information on the sip network. However how do we convey the
type of network identification information on the SIP network.

Q2. On a UAS receiving an INVITE message with cic=+11234 or cic=1234,
what is the difference between the two cic information. Does this mean
something different needs to be conveyed on the ISUP side.

Thanks
-Deepak