List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    RE: [Sip-implementors] Registrary server question
From:       "Chris Boulton" <cboulton () ubiquity ! net>
Date:       2003-06-18 8:32:33

<<in-line>>

[Chris Boulton] If an expires parameter exists on a contact, then it
should be used.

>Should that contact be dropped ?
>Should that entire URI entry should be dropped out of the registrants
pool
>?

[Chris Boulton] Definitely not.  If an expires parameter exists, then
use it for that contact.  If it does not exists, then look to see if
there is an expires general header and use it.  If still no joy, then
use a system default, usually 3600 seconds.
Chris.