List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Service Registration (Urgent)
From:       Bert Culpepper <bertculpepper () netscape ! net>
Date:       2003-05-30 2:04:03

There are no SIP protocol semantics for registering services a UA
supports.  A UA can register with a Registrar using a contact URI that
represents a service, but SIP itself provides no means to know the
service/application associated with the URI.

SIP itself provides a means to determine what SIP methods, SIP
extensions, and SIP event packages a UA supports by sending a OPTIONS
request, for example.  (Another way this can be learned is from
the SIP methods/extensions themselves, may be supported by the server is
outside the scope of SIP.

HTH,
Bert