List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Proxying NOTIFY
From:       Robert Sparks <rsparks () dynamicsoft ! com>
Date:       2003-05-21 19:03:59

If the UA has no matching subscription it will return 481.
If the UA is dead, the transaction will time-out.

NOTIFY occurs inside a dialog established by SUBSCRIBE. That
dialog will have an established route set. You won't fork a
NOTIFY.

If your question is about forking non-invite requests in general, then
look at the proxy section in 3261: You could end up waiting for
_all_ branches to give you an answer, time-out, or report a transport
failure before sending any final response upstream (the exception
is the immediate forwarding of the first 2xx class response).

RjS