List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Questions regarding multi-cast
From:       "Ranjit Avasarala" <ranjitka () email ! masconit ! com>
Date:       2002-05-29 6:32:48

maddr is a SDP parameter. So it will be done by SDP.
No TTL cannot be greater than 1 for multicast

[RRR]
As a result of IESG review, there were concerns about the  multicast usage
of SIP. In particular, for the things we were
 using it for, it was felt that a limitation of scope to ttl=1  was needed.
As such, I have modified the transport chapter to
 reflect a SHOULD level usage of ttl=1.

Ranjit