List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] Ringtone and 1xx
From:       Terry L Anderson <tla () lucent ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 21:42:20

Up through bis-04 there was a statement in Informational 1xx section
that stated:

    "If a 1xx response contains a session description, a UAC SHOULD
cease generating local ringback tone."

This was omitted beginning with bis-05 and I find no equivalent
statement elsewhere.  Was this omission intended to imply a removal of
this behavior or have I missed where this is now stated?

Terry L Anderson              mailto:tla@lucent.com
Tel:908.582.7013   Fax:908.582.6729
Lucent Technologies/INS/Voice Over IP Access Networks
Rm 2B-121, 600 Mountain Av, Murray Hill, NJ 07974
http://its.lucent.com/~tla (Lucent internal) http://www.gti.net/tla

["tla.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]