List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re:RE: [Sip-implementors] 183 response
From:       Lorenzo_Boffelli () alliedtelesyn ! com
Date:       2002-02-21 17:47:29

Subject:    RE: [Sip-implementors] 183 response
Author: Attila Sipos <AttilaS@vegastream.com>
Date:       2/20/2002 2:19 PM

>> I believe the SDP you must use is in the INVITE,
>> NOT in the 183 response.
>> Remember, when a SIP box sends SDP paramters,
>> it is saying "send me RTP to the RTP port described
>> in my SDP".
OK, my INVITE sends SDP but I need some information contained in response SDP
(media type for example) to open the RTP.

>> So, if a SIP box sends an INVITE with no SDP, then
>> the remote SIP endpoint would not be able to send
>> media to the SIP box because it wouldn't know where
>> to send it to.

>> All you have to do is make sure that the sender of
>> the INVITE has opened his RTP port for listening.
When I send the INVITE I open the RTP only after I have received a 200 OK or a
183. When I receive a 183, I open RTP only in reception and UserA can listen the
"message" received waiting the call go up.
But if it received 3 RTP (suppose they use tha same media type) which of the 3
"messages" the UserA have to listen?
Which of the 3 RTP stream I have to use?

>> Let me know if you agree.
>> Cheers,
>> Attila

Thanks
Lorenzo

P.S. Excuse me for my bad english!!

Attila Sipos
Software Engineer

DDI ( +44 1344 784918 )
<mailto:attilas@vegastream.com>
<http://www.vegastream.com>

_______

VegaStream : A World of difference for your Integrated Communications