List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] updated offer/answer draft
From:       Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat () cisco ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 1:19:15

Sorry to be slow commenting - I am backed up on my reading.

I have one possible nit. You have incorporated a:inactive as the
replacement for c=0.0.0.0 for hold, and indicated that use of c=0.0.0.0
is deprecated though it still must be supported by recipients.

I think it is a bit strong to say that it is deprecated. There are still
cases where it is *needed*. In particular, a B2BUA may need to offer on
hold to solicit an answer, with the intent to make a new offer later
after another offer/answer exchange with another party. In this case, it
may not desire or be capable of receiving RTCP, or of providing an
address/port to do so. The C=0.0.0.0 provides an effective solution in
this case.

So, rather than being deprecated for all use, I think the use of
c=0.0.0.0 ought to be be more narrowly restricted.

	Paul