List:       silc-users
Subject:    Re: Towards SILC Protocol 1.2
From:       Pekka Riikonen <priikone () iki ! fi>
Date:       2002-11-04 8:20:51

: >  o Rekey MUST be performed before 2~32 sequence number wraps.  (done)
:
:   In expectation of CTR mode, I gather. (Goes to read the docs about that
: mode again..)
:
No, this has nothing to do with CTR.  You must always performs rekey
before wrapping the sequence number to avoid for example possible replay
attacks.  This HAS something to do with CTR too, but I didn't mean CTR in
this case. :)

: >  o Should the padding be always at least one BLOCK (block size of cipher)?
:
:   Okay, so I'm dumb. Isn't PKCS padding (always to next full block) enough?
:
This doesn't mean public key encryption, but normal symmetric key
encryption.

	Pekka
 Pekka Riikonen                                 priikone at silcnet.org
 Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC)       http://silcnet.org/