List:       silc-devel
Subject:    Silc toolkit and Pidgin
From:       "Trevor Little" <trevormg19 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-05 21:01:32

Hi,

    I've been having a problem getting the silc toolkit to play nice
with Pidgin. I'm using the mybot example provided with the toolkit,
and I can see the bot log join the channel but I don't see anything it
says. Using the Irssi based silc client I don't have this problem. I'm
using:

silc-client version 1.1.4
silc-toolkit 1.1.7
pidgin 2.3.1

All this is on Gentoo with a 2.6.22 kernel. All of my coworkers have
the same problem from pidgin, they can't see anything the bot says.
Some of them use windows and other linux distros. Does anyone know
what my problem might be here? It seems odd that some clients can see
what a user says in a channel, and others cannot.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Trevor