List:       silc-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to support multiple interfaces...
From:       Pekka Riikonen <priikone () iki ! fi>
Date:       2002-05-28 7:44:08

> [Pekka Riikonen]
> > I guess it's fine, except that I don't much like the interface change
> > for the socket_host_lookup.  The fd doesn't really belong there.
>
> johnny suggested added a local_port member to the SilcSocket struct,
> however this would require rewriting large parts to keep the whole thing
> consistent (the listening sockets are using the port member which is
> here refering to a local port for example). Furthermore, the fd contains
> more data than only the local port, which might be needed to check
> incoming connections in future extensions (i.e. to restrict certain
> connections to certain interfaces).

I don't mean that.  I mean that the fd argument to the function is equal
of having a
"here_is_variable_that_i_pass_since_i_may_need_it_later_in_the_callback_even_though_it_has_no_meaning_to_the_procedure_in_hand"
 argument in the function.  You have the "context" for that. :)

	Pekka
 Pekka Riikonen                                 priikone at silcnet.org
 Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC)       http://silcnet.org/