List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] Protocol violations
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2009-11-04 19:49:27

In looking at the documentation (page 295 of the 7.0.1.02 admin guide) it
looks like bumping the inspection slider down to "Partial" disables virus
scanning which is not desirable for us (unless we use a destination group
which brings us back to where we are now).

Still, you do raise good points and I think I'll try replacing my packet
filter rule with a dialed-down http proxy rule and see if it still works.
Same level of manual effort as now to fix broken sites but like you point
out it will be more secure than the packet filter.

If only I could turn off certain protocol checks!

Jason