List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] How to upgrade CyberGuard TSP to Sidewinder	7?
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2009-05-11 14:56:03

I did an upgrade from Cyberguard Classic to Sidewinder. After the
upgrade the rule set was very messy. It spent many, many hours cleaning
up. Everything still worked but there was a bunch of redundant rule
created. I suggest modifying any rules that use the ALL_EXTERNAL, or
ALL_INTERNAL as source or destination. Also Sidewinders don't require
rules for the firewall to send traffic from itself. These will be
imported into the Sidewinder rule set but are not needed.

Pete Statia, CISSP
Network Security Engineer
Piedmont Healthcare
(770) 805-1639

>>> Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder@adeptech.com>
5/9/2009 4:12 AM >>>

Hi
There is a tool from SecureComputing that allow you to convert the
rules and configuration to sidewinder.

First you have load the tool into your cyberguard and run it. It will
produce a file like backup file for sidewinder which will allow you to
import into sidewinder later

After you have run the tool and got the file. Now re-image the
cyberguard into sidewider.

Import back the file into the sidewinder. Clean up the rule. Done :)

The above are the brief steps of upgrading the cyberguard to
sidewinder. The took you need to get from securecomputing but I heard
they do not easily give out this tool as the tool is develop by their
netserve team.

Lerence

Sent from my iPhone

On May 5, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Sidewinder moderated discussion list