List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] RPC traffic through site-to-site VPN
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2006-12-21 17:34:54

>Has anyone experienced RPC connection issues accross the
>Sidewinder VPN. We have two Windows Active Directory servers
>in two locations that have issues with anything that uses RPC
>(everything).
>
>As soon as we initiate a different VPN connection (Cisco,
>Openvpn or SSL
>vpn) the problem goes away. The Sidewinder VPN is wide open
>between the two sites. These sites are on the same domain.
>
>thanks
>
>Mos

Mos,

I have a similar set up to what you are describing, with two remote
sites communicating back to the main office through VPN tunnels. The
remote sites each have an AD controller that communicates with the AD
servers at the main office. Also, all clients use Outlook to communicate
with an Exchange server at the main office.

The setup we implemented closely follows the scenario G2-to-G2 VPN via
shared password in the Admin Guide, CH 14.  The tunnels have been used
in a production environment since March 2006.

Jim