List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Connections left open
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2006-11-28 18:42:10

>Hi All
>I'm encountering an issue and I'm curious to here if anyone else has
run into the same thing or not.
>I am having an issue with ipfilter rules not sending the reset (to both
host and receiver) upon timeout. We have a faulty app using this rule
which is not closing connections prop
>The host/ client gets the reset, but not the receiver (database). The
end result being that we have a database whose connections are chewed up
and it eventually stops accepting connections.

We had a similar problem and took the coward's way out, we just cranked
the idle time out way down on the firewall and our application finally
figured it out. Sounds like your database won't do that though. I didn't
have the time to wrangle through this with support.

Daniel Sichel, CCNP, MCSE
Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone (559) 868-6367