List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Syslog Reporting
From:       Sidewinder moderated discussion list <sidewinder () adeptech ! com>
Date:       2006-11-21 16:27:02

Hi:

I'm interested in what people are using for syslog reporting on the
Sidewinder platform.  Security Reporter seems to be an all right
product, but it's expensive and probably not a good price/function fit
for most of my Sidewinder implementations.  I just started looking at
Sawmill (sawmill.net) and it looks like it might be an affordable,
functional alternative.

One of the features that I'm particularly interested in reporting on
is VPN usage.  I use xauth/PSK and I'm interested in pulling (as close
to) real time usage statistics as possible.

Does anybody have any reccomendations on a product that I should check
out?  Selling points that I'm interested in are price point (customers
generally feel that their reporting software should be included in the
high price of the firewalls) and obviously good support for Sidewinder
logs.

Thanks in advance.

BN