List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] FW: Accessing Foreign Network from behind a VPN
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2006-05-15 16:07:45

Yes.  Any inter-burb traffic (including between a virtual VPN burb and any
other burb, or between a tunnel-thru VPN's SA target address and any other
burb other than the inside burb) will require a proxy.

Note that how you do this differs if you terminated your VPN on the inside
burb inside  the firewall vs. *at* the firewall in a virtual VPN burb.  The
6.1.2 manual seems to be a lot clearer on this.

JRJ

------------------------------

Message: 2

When I try to ping from the remote network to the foreign network I get
request timed out. I can ping from the local network to the foreign fine and
I can ping from the remote to the local fine. When I send the ping from the
remote to the foreign I see that traffic on the X700 but not on the G2.

This is similar to what I was seeing whe trying to access the Internet
without setting a proxy in Internet explorer. I would see the traffic hit
the X700 and disappear. Do I have to set up a proxy at the G2 to allow this
traffic through?

TIA!

Kelly