List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] Reducing HA failover times
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2005-09-29 16:28:19

The OSPF timers were tuned very low.  I tested the HELLO to as low as 2
seconds and the dead timer to 6 seconds.  Since OSPF is a link-state
routing protocol, I actually don't think these had an affect.  When the
secondary firewall took over and sends the initial hello, the firewall
and router should establish a relationship right away.

Thanks for the input though.

Can anyone running in HA mode withough dynamic routing provide the
failover times they see and priority values.  I suspect the dealy I am
seeing may be caused by the gated process being started late in the
failover process, but that is only a guess.