List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] RE: Sidewinder Digest, Vol 13, Issue 4
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2005-05-11 16:17:31

We don't use an SSO solution (I don't trust certificates), but when we
went to enable HTTPS (outbound) we found Squid has issues with SOME
sites. To avoid this I had to come up with an ugly brew of packet
filters and proxy settings. Squid just would NOT work with some sites
due to an extra byte in an HTTPS header somewhere that Internet
Exploder/Mickysoft IIS uses but technically breaks the HTTPS rules
(another wonderful example of Microsoft's ahem, standards based
solutions).

You might do an acat_acls -a -d to see if the proxy is puking on it. In
our case, oddly, it fell through to the deny all rule and we only caught
it with good old tcpdump. Anyway I would try that to see. Hope this
helps

Dan Sichel
Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone