List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Re: Re: HTTP Proxy Deaths
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2005-01-06 17:07:51

Our proxies were failing about once every 3-4 days. They would fail
about 4-5 times in the course of a day and get restarted...then finally
would decide to just die and not restart. Sometimes this took place
during the day with 8,000+ people using the internet, and sometimes it
happened at 0dark30 when no one was using the internet.

We also had two rather spectacular crashes in the course of two weeks.
Secure recommended we come up to 6.1.0.5 and also provided a secondary
Epatch for a very specific issue we were having. To date since we came
up to 6.1.0.5 we have had 0 HTTP crashes and no other issues with the
units.

RS

Message: 2