List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] IPSEC and Sidewinder
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-12-30 17:09:42

> This question has been asked before on this list, but never
> adequately answered:
>
> Does anyone know when SCC will support IPSec encapsulation for NAT
> traversal *on* the Sidewinder?  NAT-T?  IPsec over UDP?  IPsec over
> TCP?
Ok, here it is as far as I know, when IPSEC to a softremote client is
NATted anywhere along the way Phase I rekeys fail. Period end of story.
NAT kills this process, dead, dead, dead.

> How do VPN clients behind a one-to-many NAT device establish a
> connection to a Sidewinder VPN gateway?  How do VPN clients cross
> firewalls which disallow AH and ESP?
One at a time, with the proviso that you do not mind that the connection
will drop when the phase I rekey is scheduled to happen. I would guess
(but do not know if a firewall which disallows AH and ESP kills this,
but I would guess yes).

Dan Sichel
Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone