List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] VPN Sidewinder vs checkpoint
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-12-06 14:30:06

We have a VPN with a Checkpoint Firewall-1 on the other side.  We found that
we had to "lock down" the encryption and hashing, or we had problems with
FW-1 saying it could accept something, but then not actually accepting it.

Our settings (in each case, these are the ONLY ones in the list (Crypto tab)
or checked (advanced tab)

	Crypto tab:  IPSec Crypto: 3DES   IPSec Hash: hmac-md5-96
	Advanced tab: P1 Crypto: 3DES  P1 Hash: MD5  P1 Oakley: Group 2
(only)

JRJ