List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] IPSec NAT Traversal, NAT improvements
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-09-22 15:07:47

Hello!

May I ask: when will Sidewinder G2 support IPSec UDP
encapsulation ala draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-09.txt?
This is the _single_most_necessary_feature_ for our
existing customer base.

As a side note: my personal most necesssary feature are
improvements in the NAT implementation when using packet
filters. It's quite desirable to use ICMP or GRE without
a static one-to-one mapping internal-to-external.
Or am I missing something? How can I allow all hosts on the
internal burb to traceroute to destinations on the Internet?
To open GRE-Tunnels to arbitrary (but of course different) destinations?

Any IOS- or Linux-Box can do that. FreeBSD's natd can.
Need I say: Gauntlet can?

Thanks,

Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit