List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] wait on installing 6.1.003 patch!
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-08-16 16:13:24

We, and at least one other Sidewinder G2 user, got burned installing the 6.1.003 \
patch.  First, let me say that I don't normally install new patches for anything this \
quickly, but this firewall is somewhat of a test bed to see if we want to replace out \
other Internet-connected firewall with a Sidewinder G2, so I've been taking more \
risks with it than normal.

Anyway, very early Sunday morning I installed the 6.1.003 patch.  I had an error, but \
everything seemed OK, so I cleared it and allowed it to come up in full operational \
mode.

This morning, I went to make some configuration changes, and I can't access anything \
that involves the proxies--the Admin Console errors out when trying to access the \
Proxies, Service Groups, and other screens.  The source of the problem is the removal \
of the gssl proxy.  It was not properly removed with the 6.1.003 patch.

Tech supports is working on a fix, but I was told that it probably won't be soon \
enough to help us.  I now have to wipe and reinstall, and go back to my configuration \
backup (which I fortunately remembered to run Friday).

Rod Johnson
mushin@techie.com