List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] TCP_MISS/200, 401, 302 errors in squid proxy
From:       sidewinder () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-06-10 19:05:56

I'd recommend the following:

1) Configure IIS on the Exchange web gateway to allow only Basic
authentication to fix the problem

2) Allow ONLY SSL to access the Exchange web gateway (you don't want to send
Basic authentication credentials unencryupted -- they are just UUENCODE'd

3) Configure the browser to NOT send the NTLM credentials (this can be
configured by "zone")

That works.

JRJ

Message: 3