List:       sidewinder
Subject:    RE: [Sidewinder] VPN Client  / Linux and offline CA
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-04-16 16:36:03

> For my telecommuters that work from home or a remote offices
> I have had
> great success installing Netgear Pro-Safe FVS-318 firewall/router/vpn
> boxes:
> http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=129&view=sb

yes they really work fine
(and you can even build tunnels with remote subnets and dynamic IPs if you
do some scripting
on the Sidewinder)

> Looking for a Linux configuration now.  Anyone have that working?

I have it up and running without any problems.
I use FreeSwan with the X509 patch and an offline certification authority
(built with openssl)
(BTW: the same offline CA works fine with SoftRemote and Sidewinder).

With Linux/FreeSwan the only thing you have to make sure is to disable OE
and to NAT your packets probably when your Linux boxes have dynamic IPs