List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] wildcards allowed in URL parsing?
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-03-31 21:02:26

I'm migrating by hand as much as possible (with improvements) my SEF 7.0.4 configuration to my new Sidewinder G2 6.1 box.  On my SEF box, I had a file configured to do URL filtering.  In SEF, wildcards are allowed.  From the Sidewinder manual, I get the impression that wildcards are not allowed.  At least, I cannot find anywhere where it says they are allowed.  Can wildcards be used, and is it necessary to escape any funky characters (with "\" or another character)?

Rod Johnson
mushin@techie.com