List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Remote Config, logfiles backup and monitoring of SidewinderG2
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-03-10 7:22:52

Hi,

Apologies if I have missed this in the archives, but could someone give
me pointers on how I go about remotely/script , obtain or backup the
sidewinder G2 configs. The TypeEnforcement doesn't allow AdRo to get
them and also the GUI doesn''t seem to allow to configure where you want
to put the backup file eg. /tmp - and that's presuming once they were in
/tmp that AdRo could get access to them. I preferrably don't want a
script being ran as Admn ie. Booting to admin kernel, labelling a script
etc..etc..  I do not want a script to ssh then srole either.
This ofcourse goes for the logfiles as well.

If anyone also monitors ie. Health checks their firewalls it would be
great to hear how you got it to work. Passive checks seem like the only
way but again I think  I am facing the same problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

grant