List:       sidewinder
Subject:    Re: [Sidewinder] squid stopping for no reason
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2004-01-19 8:14:16

Hoi,

Am Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 06:51:58PM -0000 schrieb sidewinder-admin@adeptech.com:
> We found out that the customer was running the webproxy server on port
> 80 but *also* was using http proxies on port 80 (listening on the same &
> diferent burbs). The same for sendmail and smtp proxy.

To avoid those missconfiguration bind the servers to a specific, fixed IP and
do not let it listen to all possible local IPs:

Within squid.conf:

#  TAG: http_port
#       Usage:  port
#               hostname:port
#               1.2.3.4:port
http_port 192.168.1.1:3128

Within /etc/sidewinder/sendmail/sidewinder.x.mc

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Addr=192.168.1.1, Port=smtp, Name=MTA, M=f')dnl

Don't forget "cf sendmail rebuild ...."

After that you may create IP-aliases and apply the proxies you need to them
without affecting the running servers in the same burb.

Regards

                     Klaus Gröger
----
Klaus Groeger                                           Abacom GmbH & Co. KG
mail: kg@abacom.net                                       Konrad-Zuse-Str. 1
fon: +49 5271 967-120                                          37671 Hoexter
fax: +49 5271 967-267                                                Germany
                   Corporate Motto: READY - FIRE - AIM !!!

ABACOM aDSL* mit Flatrate, fester IP-Adresse und div.
Up- und Downstreams schon ab 52 EUR pro Monat**....!
Weitere Infos unter http://www.abacom.net/adsl.html