List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] VPN authentication
From:       sidewinder-admin () adeptech ! com
Date:       2003-12-10 14:14:00

I seem to recall that the securid file doesn't get created until the first
time you authenticate.  It is also pretty easy to get it out of sync between
the RSA SecurID server and the Sidewinder SecurID client.  If you regenerate
the authenticator on the SecurID server, you have to delete (or better yet,
rename) /etc/sidewinder/warder/securid.  Then, (if I remember correctly),
the next time it authenticates, it will generate a new one.  (It was either
that or you had to transfer it manually, but I don't recall doing that).

Before testing the VPN client, we tested authentication using the COBRA GUI
to make sure tat the SecurID part was working.

JRJ